So Many Babies

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

the small fry set up recently. Has the younger batches of sparkler fry and pygmy cory fry, along with a set of cory eggs from today
20200821_230753.jpg

I recognise that cory on your fish logs! At least I think I do. Is it the new giant ones? That's really good :)
Yes just a quick doodle of it lol
Log book is to keep track of dates they hatch, how many sell and for how much for personal records lol

Yes just a quick doodle of it lol
Log book is to keep track of dates they hatch, how many sell and for how much for personal records lol
Yay I recognised the species! From a drawing!

I'm not knocking having a logbook, I keep a log of everything happening in the tanks. Water test results, any losses, treatments, batches of fry born etc. Probably more than I need to keep track of, but it's come in handy a few times. I started it when I first started and it was useful to track water test results and W/C's over time, so I've maintained it out of habit. When the losses started happening from the worms this time, it was useful to be able to go back and see when the losses started. My memory for dates is terrible.

Yay I recognised the species! From a drawing!

I'm not knocking having a logbook, I keep a log of everything happening in the tanks. Water test results, any losses, treatments, batches of fry born etc. Probably more than I need to keep track of, but it's come in handy a few times. I started it when I first started and it was useful to track water test results and W/C's over time, so I've maintained it out of habit. When the losses started happening from the worms this time, it was useful to be able to go back and see when the losses started. My memory for dates is terrible.
Same! If I didnt mark down when these guys all hatched id think it was last year with how bad my memory can be!

Also, this is why i always get photos of the fish in bags... if there's a problem later, I can reference back through photos to when I got that particular fish to see if there were warning signs I missed.

But ive got a bad memory and I've got people requesting babies and updates so I've got those people written down too. I've got a waitlist going for pygmy cories! (I'm the only local breeder for them)

I'm fairly sure I've got the fattest pygmy cory ever.
One of the older batch, just waiting on the smallest of this group to grow enough for them to go to their new home.
20200825_220654.jpg

One of the younger batch is getting his adult coloring
20200825_220725.jpg

And a sparkler. This little girl is looking nice and porky too.
20200825_220842.jpg

My 6 oldest pygmy cory babies went on to their new home today. They were such porkers.
20200830_123506.jpg

The younger ones are growing well too. They wont need to be as large as the oldest ones once they go to their new homes, but still got a bit to go. 10 are going to a new home. Keeping the 3 leftover.
20200830_161631.jpg

And sparklers! Lots and lots of sparkler babies!
20200830_123324.jpg

20200830_123354.jpg

This one boy is likely going to a friend, he's in another tank to get used to his new companion before theyre shipped off.
20200830_154901.jpg

Errr.. so...

I was supposed to set up my weitzmani.

But yet again another cory has to come in and steal their opportunity lol

My aeneus have spawned, I have well over 200 eggs if I had to estimate.

20200902_132241.jpg
20200902_133928.jpg
20200902_141954.jpg

And last night before all the new eggs, one older pygmy cory egg hatched, but the rest are fertile too.
20200901_234133.jpg

:wub:
Loads of baby cories on the way! Your cories and sparklers sure keep you busy! Can't wait to see them hatch and their progress as they grow up!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back