So Lets Cut To The Chase....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I don't have any recipies that I can just sit and type, but I wanted to send some love to all the good chocolate out there - I'm thinking of you sweetie.

Ohhh me too am on a diet trying to lose weight for health reasons (and cos I dont want to look like a balloon Molly at my stepsons wedding :D )

Chocolate is now kept in short supply and ohhhh I MISS IT :drool:

I will pop up a chocolate cake recipie when I get home its :drool: :drool: :drool:

Easy.

Ingredients;

1 Large Bar Chocolate (Plain or Milk as you prefer) Pref. 250g or larger
1 Bottle good Red Wine (Pref Merlot)
1 Large soft sofa
1 Large Television
1 DVD player
1 Movie (Pref a favourite)

Method;

Open wine and allow to breathe for at least 10 seconds.
Pour Wine.
Insert Movie into DVD player and switch on T.V.
Open Chocolate and bring to room temperature.
Press 'Play' on DVD player.
Open mouth, insert chocolate, chew, sip wine, watch movie.
Repeat.

Well it's one of my fave recipes anyway :drool:

Easy.

Ingredients;

1 Large soft sofa
1 Large Television
1 DVD player

Method;

Pour Wine.
Repeat.

LOL!
:D :hyper: :hyper: :D

Easy.

Ingredients;

1 Large soft sofa
1 Large Television
1 DVD player

Method;

Pour Wine.
Repeat.

My missus does this once a month, regular as clockwork. I still wonder why.

:lol:

Fella, we all do this once a month - It's part of the secret Womens Code Of Conduct, we are obliged to by law :)

Easy.

Ingredients;

1 Large soft sofa
1 Large Television
1 DVD player

Method;

Pour Wine.
Repeat.

My missus does this once a month, regular as clockwork. I still wonder why.

Well supply the ingredients and see her get some delight. She may love you for it..... Then............. Sorry but lol.

:lol:

Buckeye balls, aka peanut butter balls. They are called buckeye balls in Eastern Ky because they look exactly like the buckeye nut.
Anyway, these involve a lot of chocolate, sugar, and are very fun and messy to make! :D

Ingredients:

1 lb powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
1 stick of butter (room temp)
1 tspn vanilla extract
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
Paraffin wax

Method:

Combine sugar, butter, vanilla, and PB in large bowl. You must mix it all together with your hands because I have never met a mixer able to handle this thick, sticky mixture. Once mixed, roll into small balls, placing them on wax paper on a tray. Place in freezer until firm. Meanwhile, in a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and add a few shavings of wax - don't be afraid of eating this wax! It's used in candy making to hold things together, and is easy to find at just about any grociery store.
Take PB balls from freezer and use toothpicks to dip them in chocolate. When they are covered, place them into the refrigerator to chill a little. Remove and enjoy!

I make these every Christmas, and they are sooo good! I took a huge batch (at least 250) to work last year to pass out, and they were completely gone by the end of my shift!
Oh, and for those who are curious, I also tried making these with white chocolate and that did NOT turn out well. Bad idea.

Well this is sort of healthy owing to the fruit, but it still has enough chocolate to be yummy

Basically get a bar of milk, plain or white chocolate and a selection of soft fruits (eg. Strawberries, mango, bananas, kiwi fruit, orange segments, anything that a wooden skewer will go through).

Cut the fruit into bite size pieces and present on a plate.

Melt the chocolate either in the microwave (you have to be careful with this because it can burn and go lumpy / taste bitter) or in a heat resistant bowl over a pan of simmering water, being careful not to get any water in the chocolate.

Take the bowl out and wrap a tea towel / small towel around the bowl to keep the heat in.

Serve onto table with plenty of wooden skewers and suggest everybody dives in while the chocolate is still warm. theres always a flurry of activity at this point.

If the chocolate starts to harden you can melt it again, but be careful of the burning thing.

So there you go, i like to do this because although you're eating chocolate you're getting some fresh fruit too so i like to think that the chocolatee calories are being cancelled out by the fruit (oh if only that was true!)

A final word of warning. obviously the chocolate is quite hot, so make sure people have paper plates / napkins to catch the drips rather than their hands otherwise they'll burn themselves!

Try not to let the chocolate drip onto your floor, which is a bloomin nightmare to get out when its hardened!

Still looking? What sort of things are you looking for? I've got some really good ones but narrow it down for me. Cookies? Desserts? Something else? Heck, I've even got a good recipe for Chicken Mole which has a sauce made with chocolate. It's really good.

When I need a recipe with a specific ingredient I like to go to Epicurious. Sometimes though they get to fancy and I have to check out Cooking.com for the simpler stuff.

When I print a recipe out I try it, make notes on the page of changes or how much we liked it and put it in a three ring binder that I keep in the kitchen. I made dividers with categories like "loved it", "liked it", "so so", and "need to try". The front of the binder is clear so I can slip the recipes in, that way I can see them but if I spill it wipes off.

melt a couple of large bars of milk choc over boiling water, add a carton of double cream, pour about a fifth into the bottom of a tin lined with cling film, put a layer of broken digestive/Nice biscuits (whichever you prefer) then alternate layers of choc mix & biscuits, ending with choc mix, put in fridge for a few hours, shouldn't set completely but stays lovely & gooey & really rich - great fun licking the bowl out too! :drool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back