Snails -

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gadazobe

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Do we have a snail expert on board? :what: Amongst all the freebie snails I get on new plants, I found one that looks a little different from the ordinary ones. This one has a conical shell and is a little elongated. Do I keep it or sling it? :what:

Could be a trumpet snail. If it is, this atlas says it's considered a good thing. Doesn't harm fish or touch plants (but since it came in on your plants--?) and sifts through gravel.

Trumpet snails help keep dead spots in the gravel to a minimal. They are a good thing to have.

Well, I had a look for trumpet snails on the web and the one I got looks just like them, so he stays. :D

Remember gaz. a word of caution. ALL snails are hermaphrodites and that can spell trouble with a BIG T. So if you do intend keeping species snails just keep them under strict control. Snails can lay up to 200 eggs at a time!!!

You can keep them under control by regular tank cleaning, not over feeding and keeping the water peramiters in check, taking out all dead or dying "things/stuff". You should do just fine. Rose

If you don't want snails get a few clown loaches. Since I added a few to my tank I aint seen a snail since. Personaly I don't like them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back