Snails Vs. Tiger Barbs

Andrew G

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Newport, RI
How do I get my Tiger Barbs to stop harassing my large snails? Everytime they come out of their shells and start doing their job of keeping the tank clean, the tiger barbs come along and peck at them, causing the snails to retreat into their shells.
 
Nothing...Fish are not like other domesticated animals, you cannot control what they do ( per se ). Either they will lose interest in your snails after a while, or they will harass them to death. If the bullying continues then you will have to either rehome the barbs - or the snails.

You have a tank at your office, why not put them in there, I doubt your cichlid will have a problem with them. But, do not take my word on it as I in no way claim to know anything about the behavior of most, or any, cichlids.
 
Nothing...Fish are not like other domesticated animals, you cannot control what they do ( per se ). Either they will lose interest in your snails after a while, or they will harass them to death. If the bullying continues then you will have to either rehome the barbs - or the snails.

You have a tank at your office, why not put them in there, I doubt your cichlid will have a problem with them. But, do not take my word on it as I in no way claim to know anything about the behavior of most, or any, cichlids.

I was thinking of relocating them to my office tank.

Thanks.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top