Snail shell crack?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

JoeyB

Reaction score
Hi!

Iā€™ve had my two apple snails for about two months. Both happy, eating, water parameters normal. I use a turtle cuttle bone for calcium on top of veggies, wafers, and crab cuisine wafers. My one snail over the last few weeks has had this crack going down her shell. She isnā€™t acting lethargic, but I do feel as if her color is shifting a little from a blue to more of an ivory. Anyways I attached some photos. Wasnā€™t sure if anyone else had seen this and suggests sheā€™ll repair or if she will eventually grow/morph the patch?

Thank you

Attachments

• 2EF6E50E-F25D-4A9A-9C48-3750059FEC95.jpeg
    2EF6E50E-F25D-4A9A-9C48-3750059FEC95.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 70DCBF04-9E1E-40F9-8882-9A565679F168.jpeg
    70DCBF04-9E1E-40F9-8882-9A565679F168.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 52
Hi!

Iā€™ve had my two apple snails for about two months. Both happy, eating, water parameters normal. I use a turtle cuttle bone for calcium on top of veggies, wafers, and crab cuisine wafers. My one snail over the last few weeks has had this crack going down her shell. She isnā€™t acting lethargic, but I do feel as if her color is shifting a little from a blue to more of an ivory. Anyways I attached some photos. Wasnā€™t sure if anyone else had seen this and suggests sheā€™ll repair or if she will eventually grow/morph the patch?

Thank you
Nice looking snail. I know nothing about them. What does google say?

I've never seen this either....I'm inclined to say, do nothing? I mean, if it's still well and behaving normally and you're providing everything it needs then just leave it to do its thing šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back