Snail eggs! What do I do now?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I was cleaning my tank the other day and found Mystery Snail eggs at the top of the tank, what do I do? I heard that you were supposed to keep them damp but not wet, so I didn't put the water line above them, is that right?

Note: I don't want to get rid of them, it sounds pretty mean to me

If you want them to hatch, leave them where they are but make sure the water doesn't reach them.

What size tank is the clutch in?

I let a clutch hatch in a 10G, a long time ago, and the snails overwhelmed the tank...dozens of them....had a ph crash that I assume was all of the growing shells leeching the calcium ions from the water

What size tank is the clutch in?

I let a clutch hatch in a 10G, a long time ago, and the snails overwhelmed the tank...dozens of them....had a ph crash that I assume was all of the growing shells leeching the calcium ions from the water
its in my 47 gallon, how do I move them with out killing them?

In a tank that size, they shouldn't cause any issues if you let them hatch...or, you can remove the clutch, if you wish...my daughter enjoyed letting them hatch, and seeing all of the different shell (and body) colors of the young snails

Your LFS may be interested in purchasing from you, as well, or you could sell them individually

Pic of the clutch?

In a tank that size, they shouldn't cause any issues if you let them hatch...or, you can remove the clutch, if you wish...my daughter enjoyed letting them hatch, and seeing all of the different shell (and body) colors of the young snails
:)
Your LFS may be interested in purchasing from you, as well, or you could sell them individually
I was thinking craigslist, but my mom said no, so maybe my lps would be a better choice
Pic of the clutch?
I'm not home rn, I'll try tommorow

Sounds good.

If you decide to let them hatch, there's nothing special you need to do...just make sure the clutch remains out of the water, and keep the lid tightly closed, to keep the clutch moist

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back