Smallish Pred For A 29

juanveldez

helping big fish eat little fish everyday
Joined
Dec 8, 2002
Messages
2,614
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UPPER Michigan
like the title says I dont even think that its possible, but what are some ideas for a smallish pred since I got an empty 29 atm
 
african butterfly fish, leopard climbing perch, Zebra spiny eel, Dwarf Pike Chichlid, South american leaf fish, Prehistoric monster fish, green snakehead, rainbow snakehead, Nandus Nandus,

just a few. :shifty:
 
How about a sanchezi pirahna?
 
will probably look into the sanchizi or the Erythrinus Erythrinus, who knows Drsfosterandsmith.com is having a sale on driftwood right now I might end up putting some more money into the FM tank and get that finished off before I buy another fish, definatly want to reasearch these first though.
 
just an update, while waiting for my income tax refund here I am looking for a place here in the US so that I can get a Erythrinus Erythrinus still got a bit though before I get one a couple months yet probably going to wait till end of may or so before I get it as I am going to be gone for about 3 weeks end of april till mid may.
 
you can get bichirs!!
i know that if bichirs are feed pellet food they grow alot slower and smaller then the ones being fed live food.
i had bichirs in the past and they maxed out at 7 inchs in a 50 gal.
 
bichirs have my vote, im looking at getting some here this summer as i get the 55 gallon established. by the way, what it that in your avatar? it looks like a snake, but im just not sure. looks like a beast though! :blink: put that in an aquarium :lol: talk about not wanting to get bitten during cleaning :hyper:
 
bichirs have my vote, im looking at getting some here this summer as i get the 55 gallon established. by the way, what it that in your avatar? it looks like a snake, but im just not sure. looks like a beast though! :blink: put that in an aquarium :lol: talk about not wanting to get bitten during cleaning :hyper:

That looks like an ATF (African Tiger Fish) hydrocynus goliath maybe?
 
I believe it is a Hydrocynus vittatus. And it is a beast. The largest recorded specimen to my knowledge was 1.4m long.
 
There are loads. Any of the Target puffers. Loads of character. Erythrinus are good. Its a shame you can't have any of the smaller Snakeheads over in the US. Nandus are great if you are into the sit and pounce type of thing. Pike characins. A number of Exodons would be great as well.

Hydrocynus vittatus is not the largest, that would be Hydrocynus Goliath. Vitts would probably max about 24" in aquaria and about 36" in the wild.
 
african butterfly fish, leopard climbing perch, Zebra spiny eel, Dwarf Pike Chichlid, South american leaf fish, Prehistoric monster fish, green snakehead, rainbow snakehead, Nandus Nandus,

just a few. :shifty:


A Rainbow Snakehead can go in a 29 gallon?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top