Small Growing Turtles, Any Info?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bambi211

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hiya, Ive got a fish tank, have had it for a couple of months now about 7.

Always found it hard to look after them, and have lost many fish.

I went to the fish shop the other day and noticed "small growing turtles in a tank for sale" I said don't they grow really big like the normal turtles, but he said no. they were also in a tank with frogs and fire bellied newts.

Im really thinking of changing my mind, maybe having turtles and that instead?

I was just wondering if anyone could give me advice? Do they live long? are they easy to look after? Cause its £30 for one, which isnt cheap.

Any info or advice would be really appreciated it!!!

Bet you they grow big.

;)

They dont even have a name, like come on can you trust them? >__>

Anyways, do you knwo the name? Describe the turtle? :)

Also, ask. If they start growing rapidly and huge, refund it. o_O;

Yeeeaaaaaaah, and if it works out wanna tell me the name or mail me one? :D

now small turtles would be cool. im sure there are small species that only get so big but a common turtle the size of a golf ball would be sweet!! i would even consider having one in a community tank.

anyways, if you can describe it someone on here can tell you about it...or just google what you know.

my opinion on turtles compared to fish is how boring turtles can be. specialy since they do get so big, i often find them lethargic and lazy...boring!

I can't think of any turtle that is sold that stays smaller than 4 or 5 inches. The most commonly sold turtle (around here, at least) is the Red Eared Slider. They are often sold as hatchlings, only about 1 or 2 inches big, but they have the potential to grow up to a foot. I would stay away from them.

Yeah, I can't think of any that stay smaller than 4-5 inches either....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back