Size for black goldfish

carligraceee

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello guys! I want to, eventually, sell my 11g for a 29g.

I want to stock it with however many black goldfish would fit inside.

You know, the ones with the really big eyes?? I used to have one as a child and I want another sooo bad.

Of course- I would wait until my current fish children have lived their lives- but I want to be prepared for when I do make this decision.

SO how many of those goldies could I fit in a 29g?

Are you talking about Black Moor Goldfish? You could probably keep two adults in that tank size, or like 3 small ones. You just want to have an efficient filter, a water test kit, and be prepared to do large weekly water changes as goldfish produce a lot of waste!

Are you talking about Black Moor Goldfish? You could probably keep two adults in that tank size, or like 3 small ones. You just want to have an efficient filter, a water test kit, and be prepared to do large weekly water changes as goldfish produce a lot of waste!
Hey! I believe that is what they are! I love them (they are so unique)!

I personally enjoy doing water changes- I love cleaning and taking care of my fish tank. Do they need specific gender ratios? What filter would you recommend (I would probably pick up the TopFin 29g tank kit). And how much water should I change weekly? I currently change 50-75% of my 11g for my livebearers. Would I need to do more than that?

Hey! I believe that is what they are! I love them (they are so unique)!

I personally enjoy doing water changes- I love cleaning and taking care of my fish tank. Do they need specific gender ratios? What filter would you recommend (I would probably pick up the TopFin 29g tank kit). And how much water should I change weekly? I currently change 50-75% of my 11g for my livebearers. Would I need to do more than that?
So I used AqAdvisor and it said I can happily fit one goldfish and one bristlenose pleco (I have always wanted one). But it says I should add more filter capacity (it isn't in all caps haha).

I think that 50% weekly sounds good, and if you are monitoring the water conditions and something is off you could do 75%. If you are wanting to have a pleco I would do one goldfish. I would go with a Bristlenose Pleco as they fit your tank size well. I am not sure on gender ratios. I too love the black moor goldfish, they look like so much fun to care for and watch!

I think that 50% weekly sounds good, and if you are monitoring the water conditions and something is off you could do 75%. If you are wanting to have a pleco I would do one goldfish. I would go with a Bristlenose Pleco as they fit your tank size well. I am not sure on gender ratios. I too love the black moor goldfish, they look like so much fun to care for and watch!
Yay! Okay- I think that might be my plan :)

Thank you for your help, I am excited now!

I highly recommend AquaClear filters! An AquaClear 50 would be perfect for your stocking/tank size. I have an Aquaclear 20 on my 10 gallon and two 50 gallon totes setup with the 50s and they run well! Marineland filters are good affordable option, I have a 350 and a 200 but they have noticeably slowed down quite a bit since I purchased them about 2 months ago, and the little wheel no longer spins

Good luck, love goldfish especially the black moor goldfish. Had several when I was much younger. Don't put anything sharp in the tank as they do tend to bumble into objects or plastic plants. General rule of thumb for fancy goldfish is the first one needs 20 gallons and each additional needs 10 more gallons. Also with goldfish and plecos you need filtration that runs at least 10 times the tank capacity, so something that can filter 290 gph. Or two filters that combined will offer that filtration capacity. Both of these guys are heavy poopers and a goldfish's GI tract isn't very efficient so what goes in isn't digested too much before it comes out (lol TMI, but you got know ?).

Good luck, love goldfish especially the black moor goldfish. Had several when I was much younger. Don't put anything sharp in the tank as they do tend to bumble into objects or plastic plants. General rule of thumb for fancy goldfish is the first one needs 20 gallons and each additional needs 10 more gallons. Also with goldfish and plecos you need filtration that runs at least 10 times the tank capacity, so something that can filter 290 gph. Or two filters that combined will offer that filtration capacity. Both of these guys are heavy poopers and a goldfish's GI tract isn't very efficient so what goes in isn't digested too much before it comes out (lol TMI, but you got know ?).
Haha okay! I think I will start with one goldy in a 29g. I am not doing this just yet but I think I might eventually do it sometime in the next year and a half. I might wait for my fish to pass away OR sell everything for some profit to start over.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back