Six Line Wrasse Or Banded Shrimp?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MORGANpl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
As I have a little problem with bristel worms I'm thinking of getting the six line wrasse or banded shrimp. Which one will be better for my tank?? I mean not aggressive to my other fish?? I've 2 clown fish,2 cleaner shrimp,emerald crab,damselfish and a yellow clown gobby. thanks

What species of bristle worms do you have? Not all are bad, and many are beneficial scavengers.

L

Unless you mean fire worms (which are only bad if you touch them), or you are wanting sea horses (which I doubt you do, considering you have clowns) bristle worms aren't usually anything to worry about. And TBH both of those options can be a hit or a miss-the shrimp can sometimes go rogue and kill your fish, and the wrasse can also become quite nasty once he's used to your tank.

6 Line wrasse turn quite aggressive as they mature and i think you have potential problems there with the clowns and damsels as both these are also potentially aggressive too.
I kept a couple of 6 line wrasse as they are good predators for SPS pests and they did turn a bit aggressive to fish of a similar size. I was lucky to have a few larger fish which put its place

i had to move my last 6 line on. after around 6 months it started getting aggressive towards the other fish. i replaced it with another and this one has been fine so far.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back