Sinularia Flexibis

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

chrissaysyes

Nereus
Reaction score
There is a nice sized spaghetti finger coral at my lfs but it has stitches going up the side of its base. Boone really has any answers why. The coral appears healthy and doing well. Is this a normal practice? Should I purchase this coral?

Sounds like a fragging mishap. The coral can be treated this way. They can even be sewn onto rocks :lol:. Were it my tank, I'd give it a couple weeks in the LFS tanks just to make sure it recovers well before I purchased it

its purple. Havnt seen purple spaghetti finger anywhere for sale. She wants 30 bucks for it. Its about 2.5" tall. If you wanted it would you pay that much for it?

What about blue? My eyes may have just been mistaken. I dont think it was dyed because it was sold to the LFS by a local guy who sells frags from his tank. I doubt he'd dye it since she'll buy anything really.

Well, how was it coloured? Many leathers can have a slight greyish-purple tinge when shrunk, but few to none are a deep or gaudy colour, and not Sinularia flexibilis.

[URL="http://www.wetwebmedia.com/dyedcorals.htm"]http://www.wetwebmedia.com/dyedcorals.htm[/URL]

The best describing word I can think of for identifying these poor corals is "unreal"; that is, the colours simply "don't look right". In the end it's up to your ability to judge.

See that's the main reason i doubt it was dyed. It isnt very vivid, like I said, it could have been the lighting. I'll have another look on tuesday and if it's still looking well then I'll probably pick it up.

I'll see if I can get a shot without seeming too insulting to her :/ It's weird though, it really doesnt look like any other I've seen, I mistook it for a kenya tree at first glance. I'll dig around google images and see if I can find something similar.

satkinson2lg.jpg

This is very similar. You think that blue sort of tint is coming from actinics?

Most reactions

Back