Single Laetacara Curviceps

Elrohirthehasty

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
373
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
US
I saw these fish at my lfs and thought they looked pretty cool. I heard that they are like kribs in that they are quite peaceful except when spawning. I have a 29g community tank with some lemon tetras, harlequin rasboras, platies, cories, kuhlii loaches... I don't have a tank for spawning and don't really want a pair to nip fins/kill some of my fish. Is it possible just to keep one of these, or do they need to be in a mated pair?
 
I think that you should be able to add a single flag - as with all cichlids pairs do better though I can understand you not wanting to deal with the breeding. Though remember that though termed as peaceful they are still cichlids so they will most likley assert them selves as the dominant fish in the tank. I think it it was me I would get rid of the cory if you can as they need a school and I dont think you can accommodate them in your tank as the emerald cory is usually a common name for a brochis spelndis which is a one of the bigger cory species as well.
 
Thanks a bunch!
I have a friend with some other corys in his 55gal, I think I'll rehome...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top