Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Simple Yet Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Tropical Discussion' started by BaylorPerez, Feb 26, 2016.

1. jag51186

jag51186 Member

Agree with this completely, initially I wanted another 40-60 gallon tank on top of my 80 gallon main tank, 17 gallon high tech (just started), and 20 gallon quarantine. But now, I am currently thinking instead of that, that I will rehome some of the fish in the 80 and make it into what I really want it to be!

2. BaylorPerez

BaylorPerez Member

so quick question, my filter had gone out on my cory tank, just bought a 8$ one off of ebay thats the same one im using and from the same guys( estimated delivery March 2nd-5Th) until i get it, what steps should i do with the tank as im using a 10Gal filter(old filter media squeezed into it), should i just do daily water changes until i get the new filter?

3. RainboWBacoN420

Here's some things you can do, if you have an air stone and an air pump, utilize it. You could, and this might actually be really risky, but you can transfer the cories over to the other tank until your new filter arrives. Water changes are something you can do, but... the oxygen levels are going to deplete if the water is stagnate, luckily for you, cories typically go up for a gasp of air anyways. 

You have to wait about three or four days, the cories should be fine if you keep up on the water changes, but I would mostly say use the airstone and air pump if you have one, that's probably the best thing you could do in a situation like this.

4. BaylorPerez

BaylorPerez Member

i have an air stone and pump already in my cory tank(its just for my snails as i know they can take O2 from the tank top and from the tank water as well)

5. RainboWBacoN420

Keep that airstone running and do daily water changes. Maybe two a day? Doing water changes will keep the water oxygenated for the time being. Just keep an eye on everyone, make sure they're doing alright.

6. NickAu

NickAu Member
    Tank of the Month Winner!

I wonder if adding a few drops per gallon per day of Prime would also be useful here, combined with water changes.

7. BaylorPerez

BaylorPerez Member

all i have is stress coat(prime ran out the other day)