Silver Shark Eat My Tetra

Mr Spoon

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
493
Reaction score
3
Points
18
Location
East Sussex
Just fed my fish and noticed my silver shark was having trouble eating, so I looked closer and cardinal tetra is stuck in his mouth. But is it stuck or is he just eating it slowly? I've never had a silver shark eat a cardinal before. :unsure:
 
could be stuck,any chance of you catching him and gently trying to get it out? seen a few fish die cos they got a smaller one stuck in there throats, tho saying that they arnt sharp or anything so he could be ok, really depends if you want to the the chance, did u not consider it before housing them together? SS will eat anything that fits ( or dosent as the case maybe)
 
neons or cardinals are probably not the best tank mates. usually they won't go after them but if they're hungry they'll hunt them down for sure. i noticed during full moons my sharks will become more aggressive towards other fish trying to eat them and such...
 
I've alway kept my silversharks with cardinals without any problems. Having said that my sharks are getting bigger now. When my other tank is set up I will seperate them. I just caught my shark and try'd to pull the cardinal out but the tail broke off and the rest is still in his mouth. I put him back in and hope for the best.
 
Yeay. Just got the fish out his mouth using my gf's tweezers. His mouth looks a bit stretched now where the fish has been stuck for so long. Gf doesn't want her tweezers back, got to get her some new ones. Lol
 

Most reactions

Back
Top