Silver Arrowanna

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

that would be the egg sack, never buy a arowana with 1 still attached, infact it's usually best to try and pick 1 up around the 6" mark.

Can a flowerhorn be housed with a arowana in a large tank? I saw a 24" arowana and a 12" flowerhorn in a tank in a restaurant. I wonder how they get along since a FH is a far more aggressive fish.

Oscar84 said:
Hey all...i was just wondering if we could get some ppl to post some pics of their arrowannas?? THX!!!! =)
[snapback]829982[/snapback]​
Hi i ve just got an Austrian pearl arowana theres some pics i ve put on the members aquarium pictures forum ov mine ! p.s how did peeps manage to get pics on here :-( i cant do it must be havin a "blonde day"

I'm not sure if Paul MTS' is the one, but i did see a red-tailed golden arrowana at my LFS for $2400! My god, you could buy a dog!

Fish_Mike said:
I'm not sure if Paul MTS' is the one, but i did see a red-tailed golden arrowana at my LFS for $2400! My god, you could buy a dog!
[snapback]893236[/snapback]​

aye that would be mine, a wan ha red tail gold asian arowana. in shops over here you would pay about £800 usually for one thats 9" thats chipped with certificate. I paid a fraction of this through a private importer.

Fish_Mike said:
ya... and what exactly does the microchip do?
[snapback]899043[/snapback]​

I believe you use an AVID scanner to scan the chip to find out its origin and what farm its from
This microchip belongs to a fellow in singapore, it fell out of his aro somehow
2.jpg

pica_nuttalli said:
how big is a Singaporese ten cent piece?
[snapback]899606[/snapback]​
The chip should be a little thicker and a little longer than a grain of rice

CFC said:
There arent many arowana keepers on here, i can only think of 6 including myself and only one of those is a silver arowana (a member called Technium owns it). The others are Paul MTS and Astroboy who both have Asian arowana's, a member called Steve who has a leichardtii and myself and Chali who both have jardini's.

Heres a picture of my jardni
post-22-1120333036.jpg

[snapback]832751[/snapback]​
*AHEM* cfc :p and there's me now lol :kana:

What is the growth rate for silver arowanas, given the right water conditions, space and food.
For example baby oscars can grow as fast as one inch per month if their first year. Do silver arowanas grow that fast?

Arowana's can grow even faster growing up to 2" per month until they hit 12" and then slowing down taking around 2 years to reach 2 feet.

Most reactions

Back