Silly Me - Bought Coldwater Tapsafe Today! Can I Use It?

spidey

New Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2006
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Cheshire, UK
:blush: I had a 'distracted' moment in Petsmart today, and I went and picked up tapsafe for goldfish rather than tropical fish (this one - yes, I know, it says 'Gold' on it in big orange letters!). I wouldn't mind, but I had a 'tropical quintet' of frozen foods too, and the shop fella failed to point out my daftness! ;) Ahh I guess I could have had both.

I have the receipt and haven't used it yet - but I was wondering, does anyone know if it actually does anything differently than the dechlorinators for tropical fish?

Spidey
 
I use pond dechlor, so I dont see how 'cold' can be any different, still needs to remove chlorine from water before it goes in the tank.
 
I Think it should be fine, cant see how it could be any different,,,id imagine it just companys ways of making the same product and making extra money by saying its special for goldfish :lol:
 
maybe right nelly, i went to my local pet shop ans they didnt have a ny tropical tank declorinator but did have tapsafe, and i asked if could use that and she sadi, def not. but she had nothing to loose by selling it to me,as she dont stock the other stuff
 
See, that's what I thought. It's got to be basically the same thing, right? The only thing I wondered is if the tropical type removes other chemicals that those fish are more sensitive to? Or perhaps that just depends on what product you buy anyway, as Aquasafe, for example, claims to do lots of other fabulous things. However, I think I'll be okay with this stuff, just to make the water safe for when I change my lovely neons. Thanks :)

maybe right nelly, i went to my local pet shop ans they didnt have a ny tropical tank declorinator but did have tapsafe, and i asked if could use that and she sadi, def not. but she had nothing to loose by selling it to me,as she dont stock the other stuff

Hmm, maybe she was just being extra careful as she wasn't sure?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top