April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

BOGaming_

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
hey all,
i'm quite worried,

right now i have a platy who i fear is sick. for about a week he's been hiding behind the filter although seems to be eating, he's homed with only other platies. i went away this weekend and when i came back i've noticed he's not swimming properly, he's nearly tilting slightly and it looks off. his tail has a slight split down the middle. I'm thinking maybe he's being bullied but none of my other platies have a problem with one and other so it doesn't seem right. I do a 30% water change weekly. All other fish seem fine and happy. I can't get water tested for a while, i'm really unsure what to do. I have a second tank with one platy (pregnant so in a diff tank) and i wondered if he'd benefit going in there too see if maybe that fear of being bullied goes away?

do you have a quarantine tank you can put him in? I don't think that a sick fish, especially a platy, should go in a tank with any other fish that aren't sick. if you could take a pic of the fish that would help find the diagnosis..

Most reactions

Back