Sick Molly Or Not?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

joselaz5780

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So my beautiful one year and six month old molly seems to be sick. He has some white spots on his body(very few, but he has some). He also swims a little bit vertically, mostly diagonally. His tail and top fin are also closed, not wide open like my platies and mollies. He also seems to be using almost his whole back body to swim and stays the air stone playing with the bubbles all day, honestly, he is acting normal but doesn't look normal. I would like to know what is wrong with him and what can I do? He appeared like this yesterday and I decided to do a 50% water change, but it seems to be useless. Today I will do a 25% water change. What is wrong? BTW: If it helps, it is a mix of black molly with a white molly, but it is all black with the top fin having a white stripe.

So my beautiful one year and six month old molly seems to be sick. He has some white spots on his body(very few, but he has some). He also swims a little bit vertically, mostly diagonally. His tail and top fin are also closed, not wide open like my platies and mollies. He also seems to be using almost his whole back body to swim and stays the air stone playing with the bubbles all day, honestly, he is acting normal but doesn't look normal. I would like to know what is wrong with him and what can I do? He appeared like this yesterday and I decided to do a 50% water change, but it seems to be useless. Today I will do a 25% water change. What is wrong? BTW: If it helps, it is a mix of black molly with a white molly, but it is all black with the top fin having a white stripe.
The white spots sounds like Ich to me. I'm not quite sure about the other symptoms though... -_-

[font="Verdana]So my beautiful one year and six month old molly seems to be sick. He has some white spots on his body(very few, but he has some). He also swims a little bit vertically, mostly diagonally. His tail and top fin are also closed, not wide open like my platies and mollies. He also seems to be using almost his whole back body to swim and stays the air stone playing with the bubbles all day, honestly, he is acting normal but doesn't look normal. I would like to know what is wrong with him and what can I do? He appeared like this yesterday and I decided to do a 50% water change, but it seems to be useless. Today I will do a 25% water change. What is wrong? BTW: If it helps, it is a mix of black molly with a white molly, but it is all black with the top fin having a white stripe. [/font]

Have you added aquarium salt? It may well help the Molly, but check with what else is in the tank for salt/brackish compatibility.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back