Sick Gourami?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ItsDinoChips

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to find my dwarf gourami on its side. It is still alive and occasionally moves but I put it in a breeders box to make it easier for it go get to the top like it likes to. His fins look a little nibbled on, maybe due to the mollies or the other gourami. He does not look bloated to me the tank is fine in its parameters. NITRITE, NITRATE 0, the water is a little hard but it is always that way, alkalinity was a little high and ph was in the acceptable range. I dont know what to do I put a little Melafix in hoping it would help but nothing so far.

Attachments

• 20190412_083433.jpg
    20190412_083433.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 187
It looks like the scales are sticking out from the body. If you check the fish and the scales are sticking out from the body, then it has an internal infection and there is nothing you can do for it, and the best thing for the fish is to euthanise it.

Here is another photo after a few hours in the box and an small increase in water temp. I cannot tell if his scales are sticking out but I can tell his head is getting darker than normal.

Attachments

• 20190412_115043.jpg
    20190412_115043.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 168
the white scales look like they are sticking out around the belly. It looks like a saw vvvvvv

Thanks for the help but little Shy Guy is no longer with us. May you chase all the bubbles and eat all the food in fishy heaven. RIP Shy Guy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back