Shrimp With Dark Underbelly

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

treelo

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
anyone know what this is?

one of my amano shrimp has had a black underbelly now as if its stomach is full for about 3 or 4 days, the other shrimp are all normal and clear and im getting a bit concerned

Are you sure they are not eggs?? Amano eggs are very very tiny. The eggs change colour at various stages of the pregnancy. Here's one of my pregnant amanos.

IMG_1456_E.jpg

thats exactly what it looks like

how many eggs do they normally lay?

i only have snails, amanos and ottos in the tank, will they be ok to just grow?

and WTF am i gonna do with a pile of baby amanos?

after reading them articles it kind of sucks that i cant try and raise the shrimp as i dont have the resources

i have a really small tank(maybe only 3l) and was wondering whether that could be filtered with an air pump box filter

after reading them articles it kind of sucks that i cant try and raise the shrimp as i dont have the resources

:lol: Too much a challenge for me too :blush:

i have a really small tank(maybe only 3l) and was wondering whether that could be filtered with an air pump box filter

No idea if that will work :unsure: but the zoes (larvae) are super super tiny so you can't have anything causing too much current in there.

i think im gonna try and scoop them out and leave them unfiltered in the tiny tank

i feel i should at least have some sort of effort at growing them

very small water changes a few times a week and a bit of salt, ill see how they go

got nothing to lose really

You will need a pipette to suck the larvae out. Good luck :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back