Shrimp - Frog. Which One?

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
1
Points
0
So yeah, i decided to get shrimp or frogs.

5g tank, how much do i stock?

How many frogs?
How many shrimps?

(its either gonna be pure frog, or pure shrimp.
 
frogs are usually 1 frog per gallon but its better for them to have 3-4 tops in a 5 Gallon. Shrimp I don't know anything about.
 
:P thanks mwood. :) good to see you still hangaround. hows your tank going? (Both of em, you gf's and yours.)


k, so if I do frog i'll do 3-4 in a 5g.

aw, now the shrimp the shrimps gonna be amano, btw. maybe cherries, but write what it is first.


OH HOW MUCH I'D LOVE TO HAVE SHRIMPER HERE. t-t
 
You could have a mixture of both inside. I would think 2-3 AFD with 2-3 Shrimp would work well. Just make sure the tank is cycled. My tank are kinda odd at the moment, I need to get some money to do some stuff is all.
 
dw meng, 12 year old and i got my savings. :)

(Around 100-300 left.)

Uh, yeah . I dont think thats gonna work.
I was going to try stacing rocks over eachother to make like, a cavelike theme. Bad part? frogs cant get up, well if i do it right they wont.
:/ I'll try getting smaller rocks (Just pick em up from my friends house, he has a ton of rocks that the old owners used for gardening.)
 
i am pretty sure frogs are 1 per gallon.
 
if its a heated tank i would do cherry shrimp. you could drop 10 or so in and watch them reproduce. i never had luck with them breeding in my 3 gallon but i think it had to do with there not being a heater. IMO frogs are kind of boring. shrimp tend to walk around and interact with eachother a lot.


id also like to suggest some white cloud minnows. in a 5 gallon you could easily get away with 8 or so. i have 6 white clouds and 1 cherry shrimp in my 3 gallon.
 
well, my lfs is pretty small. ): no wcm, soz.

and frogs are the best man! :) I love frogs! They're awesome. My frogs are very active. (in my 30g)

Well, cherries are sold for A LOT! at where i buy em. .___.


So, either 4 frogs or 8 cherry shrimps? (I'll make like a rock tower for them to climb and hang.)

Any fish I could get? Alone or two-three or more. im fine. :D


-------------- NO LIVEBEARERS PLEASE.-------------------
 
white clouds use to be called the poor mans neon so i dont see why 4 or 5 neons would hurt. and yes cherry shrimp are expensive. if anything get your frogs and drop a couple of ghost shrimp in. idk if frogs eat shrimp or not but they dirt cheap
 
frogs are harmless and they wont eat any fish. :)

Depends on what frog, adf or acf. ;)

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays. I could fit like, 4-5 tetras? Ill go for it.

:)
 
Well ADFs won't eat fish. However ACFs will (anything they can fit in their mouths).
 

Most reactions

Back
Top