Shrew?

He litterally had a tiny dish of clean water and a handful of fresh grass, I understand the metabolic needs.
 
Maybe living in a small jar. That would have frightened him alot. Can u fix the window ramp opcn? How do they get in?
 
It actually was traditional to nail the coffin down, just to make sure the corpse didn't decide to come out again, and they should be iron. It's actually the reason gravestones were originally used.... Somtimes they would bury them face down too, so if they tried to dig their way out they would just dig themselves down even deeper....

This is why I probably would not be good in the funeral services business... :/
 
Well, I decided to go with but joints because I didn't want to take the American blade gaurd off of the table saw (american blad gaurds suck, brittish are so much better) so heres me clamping
 

Attachments

  • Clamping.webp
    Clamping.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 140
Heres me cutting off the edges, I cut one to short though, now I think I'll have to rip down another piece, I hope the grain matches
 

Attachments

  • Cutting.webp
    Cutting.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 142
Heres 5 out of 6 sides glued on, Gosh those japanese know how to make saws sharp.
 

Attachments

  • Coffin_5_out_of_6.webp
    Coffin_5_out_of_6.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 147
Here I am putting nails in the back, The wire brads I used were shorter than my fingers are wide so it was "fun"
 

Attachments

  • Nailing.webp
    Nailing.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 133
Heres the finnished deal, lined with petals off of a mayday chery tree, very fragrant.
 

Attachments

  • Filled_with_petals.webp
    Filled_with_petals.webp
    21 KB · Views: 163
Heres the grave site, a peaceful spot just blow a rose with beautiful scarlet blossoms in late summer.
 

Attachments

  • Grave_site.webp
    Grave_site.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 142
Heres Bob II in his coffin, his head is resting on a pile of slender bloodwood shavings, one his chest rests a boquet of shooting star blosoms that are not quite at the height of there lives.
 

Attachments

  • Near_grave_with_flowers.webp
    Near_grave_with_flowers.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 142
And heres the final picture of his grave, the horsetails should be back in about a month, the grass thatch by next spring.
 

Attachments

  • Covered_Grave.webp
    Covered_Grave.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 170
Awwwww. sorry Bren. I get a lot of them guys in my storage unit. Never though to catch one tho. RIP Bob II

jess
 
awww i think its beautiful you did all that most people would of just threw in him the bin or buried him without a coffin....that was so nice of you
claire
 
fishyjessie said:
Awwwww. sorry Bren. I get a lot of them guys in my storage unit. Never though to catch one tho. RIP Bob II

jess
Apperently its good that you don't catch them :D

Thanks all, but the coffin was more for me to have fun building than for him to have a pleasent afterlife, to tell the truth I regret burying the box.
 

Attachments

  • class.webp
    class.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 150

Most reactions

Back
Top