Show Your Rimless Tanks

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Nope, almost all planted tanks that are open have fish, you just have to make sure you don't buy any jumpers.
ah i thought it may have been that.....i wouldn't be able to have mine topless......betta AND danios are jumpers....grrr :p

What fish are good non jumpers?
Any idea on gourami?

I personally don't like gourami so I can't really give you any insight into them.
A lot of tetra are safe, cardinal, ember, glowlight... Oto's and corydora's can be considered safe as can shrimp (in most cases).
I used to have a betta in my distant past and I seem to remember it being unable to get to the surface to feed let alone get enough umph to jump out.
If you find my Amano gallery thread on here, all of those tanks are open.

I have a fish room now so it heats its self. I keep the room at about 75 f. in the winter just with the tank heaters, but the summers here reach 120 at times and average arount 100 f. I will have to cool the room some.

But with some of you, no way I can live at even 75 f. w/o being a mess of sweat and very uncomfortable. Before the fish room I had a constant battle going on between the tank heaters and the air conditioning--even in the winter. I had to keep the tanks at 72 f. to live with it. Even now I open the door to the fish room, and it heats the apartment during the day.

Actually I am happy below 70 f.

Ok, I think I know some one who could get me a tank built fairly inexpensively for acrylic. It would not be molded of course. :(

What should I be alert for?

By the way, Bettas as a species are champion jumpers to many keepers' sorrow. I have never had a Cory jump. I have lost a dario Botia to jumping and harleguin Rasaboras jumped from a hang on. As I said, I am looking to have a square tank for some monster dimwit Brochis (close cousin to Corydoras.) But these guys move everything and will dig everything up/

Hi lljdma. How long have we been on this forum, and I still have to check the spelling on your handle? :blink:

Oops! This thread is about pictures, so I am waaaay off subject. Sorry Nickfire. :blush:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back