Should I Treat My Whole Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sumtin_crazy

Reaction score
Hello, I need some advice.... I have a 135 gallon african cichlid tank and my fish are flashing (rubbing on rocks) and i think I have parasites in my tank but not sure which way to treat with the least amount of stress to the fish..
I know it is normal for some flashing but theres alot going on in the tank and pretty much most of the fish are doing it.. my water conditions are great test them all the time and no visible signs of ich or any other sickness except all the rubbing, so im thinking the outbreak of parasites is just starting!I dont know if I should treat the whole tank with meds and risk killing all the good bacteria plus stressing all my fish and causing further sickness and have to cycle that big of a tank with alot of fish in it levels could sky rocket and make fish sick in an other way,or should I use a UV sterilizer or any other options??????? Ideas anything? I also know salt helps but I also have been told it can cause bloat in african cichlids as well and I had 2 fish die from bloat in the past. so any good advice is GREATLY appreciated THANKS...

It could be ammonia possibly but yes I would reccomend treating the whole tank

It could be ammonia possibly but yes I would reccomend treating the whole tank

my ammonia is only 5.0 ppm thats almost nothing
Ammonia should be exactly nothing, not nearly nothing. 5 ppm is toxic for fish
im sorry i ment nitrate is 5 ppm not ammonia... ammonia is zer0 thats why i thinks its paracites. 5ppm in ammonia would kill most any fish fast. all levels at zer0 except nitrates

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back