Should I get painted fire red shrimp or blue velvet/dream shrimp?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I’m torn!! I saw both at my lfs and they are beautiful. The one thing tho is that I have black substrate and a black background so it would maybe be hard to see the blue shrimp. The blue ones are also more expensive. Anyone have experience with both? Are they any different other than colors? What are the High grade blue shrimp called?

If you want pop, get the red.

I really like blue dream though.
Same! I would be able to sell the shrimp for the same price I think since they are sold at the same prices at my lfs but they blue dreams are more expensive online

Same! I would be able to sell the shrimp for the same price I think since they are sold at the same prices at my lfs but they blue dreams are more expensive online
If you want to breed for profit, you will have to sell them for less than what your LFS is selling them at. Your LFS won’t buy them for the same cost, as they need to make a profit.

I sell my cherry shrimp to my LFS for $1 USD per shrimp.

If you want to breed for profit, you will have to sell them for less than what your LFS is selling them at. Your LFS won’t buy them for the same cost, as they need to make a profit.

I sell my cherry shrimp to my LFS for $1 USD per shrimp.
Yes I’ve sold fish and snails before. But they are selling them for $5 a piece so I should get $1.50-$2 a piece according to previous Times they bought from me

Yes I’ve sold fish and snails before. But they are selling them for $5 a piece so I should get $1.50-$2 a piece according to previous Times they bought from me
Yes... I personally wouldn’t sell them for any less than $2 each.

Definitely. One store only gives cash (which it very nice) but gives less and one gives store credit but a little more.
I would personally get the credit. (Unless you are in dire need for easy cash... ;))

I was thinking of getting blue dream but I have dark substrate and it appears that blue velvet are lighter so I would be able to see them way easier. I also like the red rili. Do the red rili have blue ish bodies? I’ve seen some that do and some that don’t. I would be getting them from either billyboiaquatics or soshrimp. Has anyone ordered these shrimp from these places?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back