Should I Be Concerned?

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
Ok so everyone in both my tanks are acting kinda odd. In my gf's tank The Molly has been acting really lazy since i got home today (a few hours ago). I didnt have much of a chance to check on anyone before I went to work this morning due to waking up late. But everything seems like it should be fine. I tested the Ammonia and Nitrite in there and both came to 0 like that have been for awhile now. The tanks temp is around 75-80 degrees as all time. I have been feeding her (the Molly) fish flakes (Tetra Color Tropical Flakes) as well as Brine Shrimp. I no longer feed her blood worms since they made her constipated. She isnt pregnant and has been going between normal swimming around and floating near the top of the tank (and sometimes the bottom). I added some aquarium salt to the tank since i know that Molly prefer some in there tank (and she is by herself). Anyone know is this is normal or if she might be sick?

And as for my tank everyone seems a little to lazy. I have 2 AFD, a Platy and 3 Green Cory (there still small at one in and I will have a bigger tank by end of year and right now there only 1in). The bottom of my tank is Aragonite sand and the tank has 2 Amazon Swords and 2 Aponogeton Plants (they grew from bulbs). My tap water has a Natural PH or 7.0-7.5 and also has 0 Ammonia and Nitrite. The behavior of everyone in the tank is mostly the same but oddly the most active are the AFD. The 3 Cory when I first got them where mostly swimming around the bottom and around the tank is a group but now all they do is just lay around the bottom on one corner of the tank. I feed t Brine Shrimp to everyone in the tank as well as an Algae Disk for the Cory. The Platy doesn't really do much other then just laze around and has never been that excited or active. Everyone looks fine but I'm not sure if everything I'm doing is right. Anyone have suggestions?
 
The problem is, the aquarium with the molly is too small, the molly needs at least 29 gallons. Also, the other aquarium is too small for 3 green cories, they will simply be too hyperactive, it would be better to have 3 oto cats. That's why they're behaving so strangely.
 
What sort of testing kit do you have, and what are your nitrate readings?
 
whats the pH like in the tank with aragonite as a substrate ?
 
I use the API freshwater test kit and my Ammonia and Nitrite come out to 0. The PH is 7.4-7.6 and I did a water change yesterday (40-50%). Of everyone in the tank the fros seems fine and active. Its just everyone else. Also my gf's tan is fine now. She is swimming around fine and not just floating in one spot.
 
she has no physical signs of problems. The only time I'm concerned is when her fins seem limp which happens time to time. But we she was just floating her fins where not down so I thought something else might be up.

Also I just tested Nitrate and that's from 10-15
 

Most reactions

Back
Top