Shark & Lionhead?

Juice

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
178
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New York City
I just got rid of my 2 tinfoil barbs so that I could buy this red lion head.

He is black and I thought that was intresting so I picked him up. I brought the t barbs back the lfs took them.

My black fin shark is following the lionhead is this agressive behaivor or is he just investigating? I want to make sure theres no fin nipping. The shark is fine with my snail and my scissortail I dont think he's agressive.

Also the lion head is flicking around and gasping a little fast is there something wrong or is he just adjusting to the new water? I did slow water mixing about 30 minutes of mixing the water.

I noticed the lionhead seems to be flickering to swim, like when he flickers he goes real fast. Is that just the way he swims?
 
Size of tank in gallons or litres.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.
The fish could be flicking because of the warmer temp.
 
Oh no..

Should I lower my temps?
coldwater and tropical fish should not be kept in the same tank, as they require different temperatures to function optimally. if you lower the temperature below a certain point, your tropical fish will die. i'd rehome either the goldfish or the tropicals.
 
First goldies and sharks are not compatible. Your shark is aggressive and goldies are very peaceful. They also require different temperatures. So I would think of re-homing your black shark or your goldie.

Your shark will pick on or harass you goldie.

What are your water parameters, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph?
Do you see any grain like spots on the fish? Which is ick.
How big is your tank?
How often do you clean it?

What you are seeing with the flicking is called flashing. They do think sure to poor water parameters or parasites.

First off I would do a water change, that is the first thing I do if I notice a problem with my fish. But we need more info before we can help.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top