Sgooosh - February 2022 Fish of the Month (livebearers)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
February 2022 Fish
of the Month Contest
We had 10 awesome livebearers entered in this month's FOTM contest but only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Sgooosh
Let's all congratulate him
:drinks:
Here's their winning entry and its description
5c70ba56-d2ad-4b7d-b7c9-f873807c67ac-jpeg.154713
This is one of the happy little guppies in my 75g community, his name is Big Boy.
He is the biggest guppy in the whole tank, bigger than the biggest females. He was one of the smaller fish in the tank when i got him, and he was getting nipped at so i chose him

species: Poecilia Reticulata( maybe mixed with some other type of guppy)

tank mates: a lot of guppy friends, Pearl gouramis, Cories, Swordtails, one bamboo shrimp, a lot of little snails( nerite, bladder, ramshorn, MTS)
tank size: 75g
unique traits: he is a really happy fish, always zooming around the tank and begging for food like a goldfish!
feedings: Hikari micro pellet, frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, omega one shrimp, algae wafers, flake food, crushed duckweed, blanched veggies
strains: he seems to be a mutt with a half-black Pink tuxedo, Half black dumbo dragon mosaic gene.

*note: the lighting is wonky because i dragged the light to the front of the tank for photos

Last edited:
Congrats to Sgooosh with his guppy named Big Boy. Very colorful guppy. Well deserved win!
Coming in second place is @fish48 with their male Girardinichthys viviparus. Very unusual fish and nice photo.
Coming in 3rd place is @emeraldking with his very unusual male Vienna emerald DS guppy. Great photo and interesting looking guppy.
Thanks go out to all members who participated in the contest by either entering or voting,

Right now we are accepting entries in our Tank of the Month contest which is featuring tanks sized at 16 US gallons or smaller. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you will enter it in the contest. Click link below to view the entry thread.

And in mid March we will start our very popular Pet of the Month contest. For March, we will feature "PET PALS" which welcomes a pair of your pets (no fish allowed), either similar or dissimilar species, that spend lots of time together and interact with each other. Take a good pic or a video of your Pet Pals and be ready to enter the contest.

Tropical Fish Forums - where you can find answers to all your fishy questions and where you can participate in the best contests.

Last edited:
thanks a lot :) it's been my dream to win fish of the month :DDDD

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sgooosh will soon receive a FOTM Winner banner for his profile area and his entry will be added to our FOTM Wall of Fame . Congrats again, Sgooosh!

We have a winner in Fishforums.net
February 2022 Fish
of the Month Contest
We had 10 awesome livebearers entered in this month's FOTM contest but only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Sgooosh
Let's all congratulate him
:drinks:
Here's their winning entry and its description
5c70ba56-d2ad-4b7d-b7c9-f873807c67ac-jpeg.154713
This is one of the happy little guppies in my 75g community, his name is Big Boy.
He is the biggest guppy in the whole tank, bigger than the biggest females. He was one of the smaller fish in the tank when i got him, and he was getting nipped at so i chose him

species: Poecilia Reticulata( maybe mixed with some other type of guppy)

tank mates: a lot of guppy friends, Pearl gouramis, Cories, Swordtails, one bamboo shrimp, a lot of little snails( nerite, bladder, ramshorn, MTS)
tank size: 75g
unique traits: he is a really happy fish, always zooming around the tank and begging for food like a goldfish!
feedings: Hikari micro pellet, frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, omega one shrimp, algae wafers, flake food, crushed duckweed, blanched veggies
strains: he seems to be a mutt with a half-black Pink tuxedo, Half black dumbo dragon mosaic gene.

*note: the lighting is wonky because i dragged the light to the front of the tank for photos
Well done pal nice fish

Congratulations, Sgooosh...! Well deserved! :banana::banana::banana:

Most reactions

trending

Back