setting up my community tank, saving a few CPD fry, training them and releasing them back into community tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Reaction score

this spans 3 months of winter, no heater, australian climate. some discoveries were made. they include...
tri-coloured lotus went into hibernation
pink sunset neither grew nor died
repens showed ultra slow growth
pogo showed almost no growth
lymnophilia aromatica hated the cold

Nice tank and good video, how do you clean the gravel with all those plants?

Wow, what a stunning scape and fish tank! I would love to have even a 1/4 of that skill when it comes to aquascaping.

It's amazing that the CPD's managed to breed and produce fry that also survived, without eggs or fry being nommed by the adults or other fish. Do you think it's the dense planting that allowed that to happen?

@Byron and @Ch4rlie , since CPD's managed to produce young in this tank despite neons, guppies, rasbora etc being there too, perhaps my pygmy cories could also do the same if my guppies were replaced with some kubotai or embers? if I planted carefully and added more ground cover? :D

@AdoraBelle Dearheart

Yes, certainly possible to breed pygmys or any fish specie you wish within reason provided there’s plenty of cover by lots of various plants and wood etc where eggs can be laid hidden under cover and thus the plants provides lots of hiding places for the small fry.

So no reason why not, perhaps the swapping out guppies for small nano fish will help a bit as that possibly gives the small fry more chance of survival if they grow big enough to escape smaller mouths if that makes sense.

Holy Moly that was an amazingly done video!
Fantastic tank! Everyone looks so happy!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back