Setting Up A Small Tank

alysonpeaches

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 19, 2008
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Im going to set up a small tank with an open top. I am going to use an arc pod to light it. I want plants in it which will eventually come out of the top, maybe one or two floating plants. I would like to grow traditional plants in pots at the side of the aquarium which will benefit from the moisture. It will be placed well out of the way of the kids btw! and we dont have a cat.

My other tanks are both 96 litre traditional planted tanks with community fish but I want something different.

I think the small tank I have in mind is about 10 gallon, its about 2 foot, and is a flat back hexagon. Im going to use play sand as substrate, and the following are possibilities:

A few male endlers, pygmy corys. Thats it.

Plants. Water wisteria, water hyacinth or salvinia that floats. thats it. Obviousl it needs a lot more thought, but I could do with some suggestions. I want it to look quite artistic, like Amano's but on a small scale.

Feel free to pull my ideas to bits, but you must make some constructive suggestions too.

[URL="http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...php?upload=1997"]http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...php?upload=1997[/URL]

Something like this but no CO2 system!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top