Setting Up A New Fluval Edge Tank And Can't Get The Filter To Work

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Vikki

Reaction score
Please help I have just set up a new fluval edge fish tank and can't get the filter to work help !!

Hi Vikki,

Welcome to TFF.

Vikki can you give a little more information other than can't get it to work. Can you describe what you have done so far, did you follow instructions on the box (if like me then probably not). Best thing to do is stop, take a breath maybe a coffee. Grab the instructions and go through from the beginning ensuring that you have followed all steps correctly. With my last tank I couldn't get my filter to work even though I primed it and went through all the steps only to discover that I plugged in the heater instead of the filter. Guess what I changed the plugs over and tah dah!!

Good luck, and please let us know what tank you are setting up and what you will populating it with. Happy fishkeeping!

Ric

I have a fluval edge tank and filter.

As asked earlier, what have you tried so far in getting this filter to run?

Vikki said:
Please help I have just set up a new fluval edge fish tank and can't get the filter to work help !!
Vikki, just found this with a quick google search cut n paste it from fluval "Fluval The impeller is the main culprit in 90% of problem cases, if you knew how many filters we have returned to us as faulty that simply need a clean you wouldn't believe it!"

Maybe a good place to start.

Ric.

Usually a quick flick or shake of impeller gets it going.

Vikki, just found this with a quick google search cut n paste it from fluval "Fluval The impeller is the main culprit in 90% of problem cases, if you knew how many filters we have returned to us as faulty that simply need a clean you wouldn't believe it!"

Maybe a good place to start.

Ric.

Just happened on this post after spending ages retrying and retrying to get my new U2 filter working.
Yes the impeller was stuck would never have a new one would have problems, but filter now working so thanks.

Most reactions

trending

Back