Seahorses

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

thebulk

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ive known many people who have seahorses and they all say that they die within two weeks. Ive had my seahorse in my community tank now for 1 1/2 months with a couple of clowns, 2 chromis and a wrasse. Is there anything I need to do or can do to help extend the life of this interesting mamber of my clan.

Thanx for your help

B)

seahorses are very delicate animals. I'm surprised their living with clown fish! I never heard of seahorses dieying in 2 weeks, but if you give your seahorses the correct diet (by that I mean the 'best of the best') like what they really eat in the wild, thats the best you can do regarding food. Give them their favourite foods. Then environment comes into hand. Obviously a nicely arranged tank will please them. :) (Like hooks for them to grab. But im not sure about the fish being with them. Correct me if im wrong, but i thought sea horses are quiet still animals which don't like being swayed around by others (In this case fish).

Eelzor is right about the other fish in the tank.SH are very slow and the other fish will eat all the food before the SH can eat.

Good luck,They are neat animals.

Thanx for the advice, yeah Ive got some fake branch type things in the tank away from where the clowns live are and away from where the chromis like to swim so he seems pretty comfortable and ive worked out a way to feed him without the other fish being able to get the food so we'll see how it goes.

He seems resonably comfortable, infact he likes perching on the hydrometer as it slowly moves around the tank :D

B)

One of the couple hundred articles I have read in the last week gave reference to the perfect food for the SH. I'll try to run across it again...

It was contained in an article on culturing phyto if I am not mistaken..

Most reactions

Back