Seachem "ammonia Alert" Monitor/detector

saz326

Fish Herder
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hertfordshire
I dont perform regular tests. Infact the only thing I keep my eye on is the permanent CO2 test that I have, every now and then the CO2 needs a tweek.

We do all know however that ammonia can shoot up if for example a fish was to die and not be spotted until things are too late.

So would any of you use this permanent test to indicate issues? Im kinda tempted to buy one but at the same time I dont see a need - saying that however - I would only know of an issue with ammonia if I spotted something not quite right with my fish and ran a water test. Sadly, this would mean fish becoming ill or stressed before anything is done to stop the poisoning.

Permanent test
http://www.atlantisaquatics.co.uk/catalog/...achem-additives

anyone have one?
 
I don't have one but was thinking of getting one for the exact same reasons. I'll be interested to see what people say. :)
 
I have one actually.
In my personal opinion, it's pointless to have if you perform regular water testings.
It will change colors though when you get ammonia but it's ALWAYS inaccurate and it's NEVER instant, it takes awhile for the colors to change for anything. About a day or so.

I really dont like it. Cool idea, but eh, not so much.

I also had the ph alert one, and it was crap.
I ended up throwing it away... :/
 
Even if it is a slow colour change, I guess it would still change faster than the health of fish would deteriorate....?

INteresting that you say you're not finding it accurate. How long have you had it? MAybe they degrade over time.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top