Schooling fish options...

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Actually there are also many centerpiece fish for you to choose. Some of them are:
1)Apistogramma Borelli
2)Honey Gourami
3)Killifish - Bluefin Notho
Avoid Golden Panchax Killifish that will grow large and can eat small fish.

Btw, Neon Tetras are nice fish due to their striking colours...you can see them even in the dark.
Yah, I'm not a big fan of those 3 but they are beautiful. The reason I'm "not a big fan" of neon tetras is cause 1st they are so common and I want to try and stay away from the "classic fish" of the home aquarium... 2nd reason is cause their colors are infused with jellyfish... I forget what part of the jellyfish they use but they infuse it to "beautify" them

Yah, I'm not a big fan of those 3 but they are beautiful. The reason I'm "not a big fan" of neon tetras is cause 1st they are so common and I want to try and stay away from the "classic fish" of the home aquarium... 2nd reason is cause their colors are infused with jellyfish... I forget what part of the jellyfish they use but they infuse it to "beautify" them

Where did you hear from that they are infused with jellyfish? It's funny.

These are their natural colours.
Both the wild caught and farm bred have exactly the same colours.

Where did you hear from that they are infused with jellyfish? It's funny.

These are their natural colours.
Both the wild caught and farm bred have exactly the same colours.
I just realized how wrong I was 😂... I got it from a show in the US named "Tanked" they were talking about glo-fish while they showed some neon tetras... Nevermind...

I just realized how wrong I was 😂... I got it from a show in the US named "Tanked" they were talking about glo-fish while they showed some neon tetras... Nevermind...

Since you mentioned it...that show is one of the worst things to happen in this hobby. The advice they have given as it has been reported by others is very misleading if not downright inaccurate. [I would not put it past them to not know glo-fish from neons, but that doesn't matter.]

Actually there are also many centerpiece fish for you to choose. Some of them are:
1)Apistogramma Borelli
2)Honey Gourami
3)Killifish - Bluefin Notho
They are beautiful but all live in the same area as Tateur.

Since you mentioned it...that show is one of the worst things to happen in this hobby. The advice they have given as it has been reported by others is very misleading if not downright inaccurate. [I would not put it past them to not know glo-fish from neons, but that doesn't matter.]
They do make amazing tanks though and at the time they were making a tank with glo-fish and neon tetras...

I'm thinking of doing gold ring danios or chili rasboras...

Also, just for the heck of it... I just want to know if there are ANY fish that can live with a dwarf puffer fish... Cause my mom said that I would be able to have a 10 gallon quarantine tank and I just might do a puffer fish after 6 months to a year after putting all the fish into the main tank...

They do make amazing tanks though and at the time they were making a tank with glo-fish and neon tetras...

Their tanks may look amazing, but they are anything but good for the fish most of the time. A few years ago I was discussing this "show" with a marine biologist who knew some of the individuals, and believe you me, no one should be watching or even worse following any of their advice. The biologist knew of fish that died shortly after filming an episode, due to the inappropriate conditions being forced on the fish for the sake of garnering ratings or "likes."

Their tanks may look amazing, but they are anything but good for the fish most of the time. A few years ago I was discussing this "show" with a marine biologist who knew some of the individuals, and believe you me, no one should be watching or even worse following any of their advice. The biologist knew of fish that died shortly after filming an episode, due to the inappropriate conditions being forced on the fish for the sake of garnering ratings or "likes."
Wow... Never even knew... That is sad.

Also, just for the heck of it... I just want to know if there are ANY fish that can live with a dwarf puffer fish... Cause my mom said that I would be able to have a 10 gallon quarantine tank and I just might do a puffer fish after 6 months to a year after putting all the fish into the main tank...

Depends upon the species. Puffers should be kept alone, by which I mean the one species in a tank (with suitable space). Many will fin nip other fish, plus the conditions may not be conducive to other species. Some are brackish water, some fresh. The most common species is probably the dwarf puffer.

No. Puffer fish is another hard alcaline even brachish fish and it is a known fin nipper.
They need species tank.
Depends upon the species. Puffers should be kept alone, by which I mean the one species in a tank (with suitable space). Many will fin nip other fish, plus the conditions may not be conducive to other species. Some are brackish water, some fresh. The most common species is probably the dwarf puffer.

Ok. Yah, if I do one I'm definitely doing a freshwater one and I'll add in some invasive snails that it can snack on... Yum, escargo.

Ok. Yah, if I do one I'm definitely doing a freshwater one and I'll add in some invasive snails that it can snack on... Yum, escargo.
Yeah ! They need to wear their sharp teeth out on shells.

You will need to "raise" snails in another tank in order to have a steady supply for puffers. I had a lone dwarf puffer (unfortunately arrived by accident in a bag of 12 pygmy cories) so I put the puffer in the 10g planted tank which had tons of snails...within a week or two, not a snail in site. After a few months, I moved the puffer out and discovered some snails living down in the sand, but the puffer had certainly reduced their number and kept them very low.

Most reactions

Back