Sandstone and Limestone

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Thank goodness you said that you were saving up for a bigger tank!!!! :eek: I was just about to start in on the nagging *holds self back* ;)

The spotted one does resemble a Pacu, but if you were to research SDs, like I have :*), you would see many different variations of the SD.....striped :nod: polka dotted :nod: big belly, little belly, redhooks (anal fin is red).........simply TONS!!!

They do look healthy though!!!

My tank specs resemble yours for the most part.....my PH is a little higher though...around 7.5 :X :dunno: I've noticed if my temp goes over 80....even 81...degrees F my larger SD (male?) will get 2 black spots a tad smaller than a dime on his sides behind gills.....2 spots on each side! :dunno: Interesting fish that's for sure!!!

Can anyone tell me how much the Ph will rise with Limestone? If you have 1 rock or 5 does it matter? Can you over Ph with Limestone rock is what I am getting at

I want to know the same. As well as what minerals will leach into my water but nobody can give a good answer. I basically just got flamed for asking about adding sandstone or limestone.

I'm sure it's safe to put in a tank to a certain degree. If you monitor the water regularly in the tank and keep it within safe parameters your fish should be fine. That's what I think.

Most reactions

Back