Safety In Numbers

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

dwhite93

Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for the great advice about the parrot fish picking on the angel. I went out and bought another angelfish tonight and added it to the tank. The altum angel immediately buddied up with the new angel and the parrot has lost interest in him completely (at least for now). I guess there really is safety in numbers! Thanks for the help & great advice! :D

I'm glad it's working out for you. :)

Not to burst your bubble though, if the Parrot wanted the Angel, he'll still take him and having another Angel in there won't deter him. I used to have a mananguense in a 280g tank along with a male red devil that co-existed for years. (among a few other fish) and I put 2 female red devils in there and was going to move the mang out 3 days later into another tank I had set up. Didn't make it. The mang killed all 3 red devils 2 days later.

Not trying to scare you or make you feel bad, just letting you know to keep an eye out for a while. I doubt this will happen to you as the red blood parrot isn't as aggro as a mang or red devil and can't do much as much damage.

Hopefully, he won't care about him anymore though and you'll have a nice setup. :)

Most reactions

Back