Sad Day

myenigmaself

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I had a perfectly healthy aquarium going. Then one of my puffers died. Now things are not so healthy. I believe some of my black kuhlis tried to eat the dead puffer (I didn't catch it in time :( ) and were subsequently poisoned. I found two dead kuhlis and two have gone missing (I hope they're burried under a rock or something). As of now I can only find one of my kuhlis. I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't add other fish with puffers. They got along great while alive, but now they're not... :byebye:
sigh... :-(

Sorry myenigmaself. :rip:

I hope you find your kuhlis as happy and healthy as before :)

Unexpected deaths are one of those things that are hard to deal with both personally and for the other fish. They will always go after a dead fish and in doing so expose themselves to the same fate and we cannot watch the tank every miinute of every hour. Sorry for you loss and hope all goes well in the kuhli search.

iv just had the same happen, iv only got one kuli loach ( he escaped as i was trasfering them into a bag ready to give to my mate) but i havnt seen him for a while, well today i had to strip my tank down (wont go into detail as of why) and i took every single fish out ( :X ) but there was no sighn of him :(

im thinkin that he got ill an my crabs have eaten him :( as they are well know for eatin dead/dyin fish

sorry for ur loss hun, i love loaches and i never have luck with them, so i feel for u.

Sorry to hear about your loss nightlife. I think I'm going to move my kuhli(s) into a new tank this Sunday. Hopefully that will prevent this from happening again. Ugh...

i lost my first kuli to a filter (evil evil filter) one of the suction caps had come off the back, unbeknown to me with this gone loaches could get into the filter... i found it 2 weeks later all squashed in my filter....

i now check my filters every water change, terrified of what i might find next :(

my old bloodfin tetras used to love doin this on my shark filter...i lost 4 to it without knowin.. :-(

so sorry about your loss :/
do you have any plants?
my khulis never hide but whenever i can't see them they are always in my plants,
wrapped around the branches like little snakes :wub:
hope your other 2 are alright :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back