Running Fish Tank Monthly Costs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stubert

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody can give me a rough idea on how much my tanks are costing me? main thing i'd wanna know is my heaters, i've read filters don't cost that much to run? but im guessing the heaters are going to use the most juice (when they are on) ive got a 25w (5 gal) 55w (10gal) and a 150w(16ish gal), not sure how many hours a day they are actually on but a educated guess would be helpful :good: Obviously lighting aswell in 1 tank ive got 2x15w bulbs (normally only have 1 on) another im not sure of will be 15-20w and another 15w, these are on for about 8 hours a day.

Any rough ideas would be helpful! or tell me how to work it out i have looked on the net but the calculator confused me :blush:

There is a running costs calculator on the practicalfishkeeping website, you need to create and account and log in first to be able to use it.

Andy

Not necessarily 100% accurate by a friend said his 4 foot tropical tank with lights on cost him less per week than boiling the kettle did.

I might have to try the calculator as well.

Also bearing in mind that the heaters aren't on all the time if they have a thermostat. Mine are on and off; once they've heated the water they don't stay on all the time.

Not necessarily 100% accurate by a friend said his 4 foot tropical tank with lights on cost him less per week than boiling the kettle did.

Depends on how inefficient his kettle is. I would definitely say though that running my shower for one wash costs more than running the fish tank for a month.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back