Rubescen reds?

gadazobe

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi cichlidmaster - I have a question. I'm looking for aulonocaras rubescens but none of the fish suppliers I've asked know what I mean. They've offered me auloncaras ruben reds - are they same fish with different names?

I knew if I waited long enough...SOMEONE one would post about Aulonocara ;) ;)

Yes! They are one and the same. Rubin red, ruby red are short for rubescens. Very nice fish indeed. If I was home I would try to post some pics.

Perhaps when I get home I still will.

Larry

Yeah m8 punt the pics my way and I'll add them on your site for you.
Pitty your not in the uk there could have been a sale there :p

HI Guys,

Can you tell me then, are these fish the ones listed in the fish club as Aulonocara Sp. Rubins Red? If so i have seen some pics of these fish, they are beautiful. Prehaps my first fish club order ? 8)

Gaza

Yep Gaza - I think they are. They really are a beautiful fish. :love: I fell for them the first time I saw a pic of them. I have 3 on order in my LFS and hopefully I should be able to collect them in a weeks time.

I'll stick my neck out and say yes. I've never imported that fish so can't be 100% but the name gives it away i think ;)

Will the rubens get on with the other fish in the tank? I have 3 electric yellows, Sam the bristlenose, 3 featherfins and a pseudotropheus elongatus (Mr. Bloo) and of course the 3 marbles. I want to complete the tank with the rubens. :)

I see no problem with the yellows, marbles, featherfins or bristlenose. The elongatus is questionable.

How does the elongatus get on with it's current tankmates?

I would definitelt re-arrange the decor in the tank so any territories already established will be disrupted.

All in all it should work out fine.

One note: are you hoping to breed these rubins? If so you should know that there is an almost 100% chance of the two Aulonocara sp. crossbreeding.

HTH...

Larry

My elongatus is a pain in the a*** :grumpy: He's quite a bully but now that the electrics are growing bigger, they tend to put him in his place every now and then. ;) I think though, that if he gets too aggresive, then I'll trade him in - but he's soooo good looking (and knows it) I want to try to keep him if possible :thumbs:

are these fish the ones listed in the fish club as Aulonocara Sp. Rubins Red?

:hmm: what club?

:cry: i wanna see the pics :(

aul_sp_rubescens.JPG

Don't know if this is going to work, but....

Not one of mine but a good pic none the less

Larry

Most reactions

Back