Roseline Shark Or Torpedeo Barb Questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've read alot of website posts about roseline sharks and they say to get 4 or more. I only have room for 2? People on this forum say if you get 2, 1 will die.
What should i do?

I have a roseline shark with barbs and two angels in a 29 gallon tank right now. It does absolutely fine playing around with and chasing the barbs. It just needs exercise and a nice environment to motivate it.

Roseline sharks require a 4 foot tank. 29 gallons is way too small. Sure they may be fine for a while but these guys get to 6 inches, and they are schooling fish which means you need more than 2. Sorry.

Yeah I have 4 in my 90g, and they are good to go, but I wouldn't put any in my 37g, which has the same footprint as a 29g, just taller...

They get to be 6-7"...

I did a little search and found this website which tells good info about them.
LINK: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/articles/articles/93/1/Roseline-Shark-Puntius-denisonii/Page1.html

Alessa x.

I have kept them for a few years I currently have 10 one of which is a full grown 6-7" the others range from 2" to 5". If you buy one or two, it is not the case that they will necesarally die, but that they are naturally found in larger numbers. There was an earlier Indian expedition (few years ago) where a couple of people went in search of the denisoni barbs and only found individual specimens, but that was a mere couple of days visit and one observation, not the general rule.

As mentioned your tank is too small for full grown fish, these guys need space.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back