The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

JazzyV

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
0A1E321E-4FF6-4CF8-831E-CBDCA8B8341F.jpeg
Hi

is this appropriate for aquarium use? I found on Amazonā€¦This 1 donā€™t seem to have additive flavors ..did I do right?

Is the antibac & anti fungal really just a tad bit less than IAL? Is it okay to use both roobis and IAL together without ill effect?
Thank you

I've used both in a betta tank and man did his colour pop! I've never heard of negatives regarding rooibos personally

Iā€™ve used Rooibos tea in my tanks in the past before though not your particular brand but as long as itā€™s 100% natural, organic and no additives at all then should be ok to use, would use sparingly at first just in case and if you see any effects at all on livestock, do an immediate large water change but thatā€™s only if you see any effect after adding that brand of Rooibos tea.

And as fo using both IAL and Rooibos, yep should be good as Iā€™ve done this as well, both of these have good antitoxins for your livestock and naturally darkens the water column and can look fantastic.

Let us know how you get on and of course some pics if you can of what the water looks like after adding the Rooibos and IAL would be great ;)

Iā€™ve used Rooibos tea in my tanks in the past before though not your particular brand but as long as itā€™s 100% natural, organic and no additives at all then should be ok to use, would use sparingly at first just in case and if you see any effects at all on livestock, do an immediate large water change but thatā€™s only if you see any effect after adding that brand of Rooibos tea.

And as fo using both IAL and Rooibos, yep should be good as Iā€™ve done this as well, both of these have good antitoxins for your livestock and naturally darkens the water column and can look fantastic.

Let us know how you get on and of course some pics if you can of what the water looks like after adding the Rooibos and IAL would be great ;)
Thank you

I use IAL but I would like to stock up on roobis. Sometimes I canā€™t get IAL when itā€™s all sold out. I stock up on 20 baggies but then by the time I buy this last time the shipping has been an issue for vendors so I think I wanna try and keep roobis tea for back bar supply too. None of my grocery stores have any and barely anything open.

Never heard of adding actual "tea" to a tank until now...interesting...wonder if my fish are Earl Grey types, I always have some on hand ;)
Indeed I had the same sort of reaction when I first heard of Rooibos tea being added to fish tanks.

But Rooibos is a naturally grown substance that can make the tank water look darker and used to fantastic effect but can also be of great benefit to livestock as those contains a number of antioxidants that has good health benefits.

Donā€™t forget that also for those fish species that naturally comes from dark waters it is worth considering as this will more likely put them more at ease in the tank and therefore lessens the stress levels for them so itā€™s definitely well worth researching. ;)

Thank you I always add slow over 12+ hours and observe them ..yes..definitely pops with their color ā£ļø

Indeed I had the same sort of reaction when I first heard of Rooibos tea being added to fish tanks.

But Rooibos is a naturally grown substance that can make the tank water look darker and used to fantastic effect but can also be of great benefit to livestock as those contains a number of antioxidants that has good health benefits.

Donā€™t forget that also for those fish species that naturally comes from dark waters it is worth considering as this will more likely put them more at ease in the tank and therefore lessens the stress levels for them so itā€™s definitely well worth researching. ;)
Iā€™m stuck in this reply box

idk how to click out so if you guys donā€™t mind I say it here

thank you so much for the heads up..I will definitely take it slow..maybe all week even lol whatever it takes ..This one says itā€™s organic and 100% pure, no vanilla or funny business. Naturally caffeine free. I hope I got it correct. Thank you again. I long heard about it but havenā€™t actually tried. It seem to have held up over the few years in the hobby so I think Iā€™m brave enough to try. Thanks again for clarity. Much appreciated.

Guys I change my mindā€¦Seems problematic. šŸŒ¾šŸ‘€šŸŒæā€¦I didnā€™t know it did that ..I thought it through

The only time I need a hot beverage is in the morning, 2 or 3 cups of EG, and I'm good...I've never been a coffee drinker

Most reactions

trending

Back