Ro Water And Tap Water

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

choochoo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm just setting up a 150 litre marine tank . Question is I have 50 litres of ro water but need another 100 litres I have tropic Marin pro reef sea salt with is for ro water only he said in shop. Can I put 100 litres of tap water in with this salt if I use some clor out? Thanks

I'm just setting up a 150 litre marine tank . Question is I have 50 litres of ro water but need another 100 litres I have tropic Marin pro reef sea salt with is for ro water only he said in shop. Can I put 100 litres of tap water in with this salt if I use some clor out? Thanks

Tap water is a bit of a controversy in SW keeping... a lot comes down to quality of your Tap water, I Personally have never used RO water in any of my tanks, but other the chlorine which is easily dealt with the water here is amazingly pure... so if you want to try using the tap water you may very well be okay, you will just need to make sure you keep an eye on things, and you may need to look into running a reactor or some other device with Carbon as part of your water filtration/maintenance program...

Of course if your not sure about your water, RO is definitely safe, and it may we worth looking into getting your own RO unit so you have it when you need it.

It depends on whether you want Algae or not, if you use tap water it's pretty much inevitable that you'll be plagued with algae.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back