Ro Unit

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
still running at around 25ppm :(

Need to sort a new membrane out and possibly DI shortly.

When you put the valves in is it a case of just putting one on each input/output and locking them off before switching the supply off? If so where did you get the valve from?

still running at around 25ppm :(

Need to sort a new membrane out and possibly DI shortly.

When you put the valves in is it a case of just putting one on each input/output and locking them off before switching the supply off? If so where did you get the valve from?

Add the ball valves to the waste pipe and RO water outlet pipe then you only need to turn them off and not the water supply, this means the RO membrane will always be wet :good: you can get the valves from here [URL="http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.ph...230f57cea6b0c1c"]http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.ph...230f57cea6b0c1c[/URL]. You can add one to the inlet pipe too, and this makes for easy maintenance if you ever need to take unit out :good:

Grab yourself one of these too, before buying a membrane, you could save a few quid http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.ph...230f57cea6b0c1c
Hope that makes sense :blush:

Ah yes of course - will order one when i get the new membrane and DI.

Any ideas about the membrane?

Well I checked with them and I can use any of the 50,75 or 100 gallon membranes. So I went for the 75 as it's only £2 more than the 50 and a 75gpd flow regulator.

2 ball valves and the DI kit as well. Hopefully this, added with the massive clean up crew should stop my algae problems!!!

Cheers for the help people!

Well I checked with them and I can use any of the 50,75 or 100 gallon membranes. So I went for the 75 as it's only £2 more than the 50 and a 75gpd flow regulator.

2 ball valves and the DI kit as well. Hopefully this, added with the massive clean up crew should stop my algae problems!!!

Don't forget the photo of your results :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

Don't the photo of your results :good:

Seffie x

Don't????...

You mean post them? :p

Don't the photo of your results :good:

Seffie x

You mean post them? :p

oh heck, quick edit the blooming thing before anyone notices!! :blush:

Seffie x

UPDATE:

I've fitted it all with the DI and it's now down to 0 :D

The only thing is i flushed through 5 gallons and the TDS without the DI was hoverign around 20 - the DI totally removed it all within 5-10 mins of fitting.

I've also fitting a 75gpd membrane and flow restrictor and it makes water MUCH quicker now :)

Also fitted ball valves to the waste and ro outlet and i'm turning them off first and follow that by the main supply - i might get another one for the main supply as I don't think it's supposed to be turned on and off that much!

Cheers for the help one and all :)

You don't need to turn the mains supply off, as long as the valves on the RO outlet and waste pipe are turned off, you can leave the mains one on, that way there will always be water in the unit and the membrane will stay wet, just make sure you flush the unit regularly.
You can fit a valve to the mains inlet pipe, but only for maintentance if you ever need to take the unit out :good:
I leave my mains water on 24/7.

ok cool i'll do that then!

I'll get a photo up tonight :) Gotta make some new water up for a small water change and top up anyway :)

Algae levels have dropped in the tank but that's because i added alot of clean up crew (the emerald crab and blue hermits seem to like the hair algae!) So hopefully with pure water the problem will vanish :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back