Ro Unit

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

:grr: i'm very close to screaming and swearing a lot!!!!!

Have just checked my input and it is not higher than my unit, in fact it couldn't be, even if I got it moved as the cold water pipe (feed) is lower than the bl**dy RO unit :crazy: and doesn't extend higher than the ro unit :shout: So I now have no idea what to do, as even if I bought a new membrane I would get the same problem!!!!

Oh and sorry Jim for jumping in on your thread :blush:

Going to have to think about this one............................

Seffie x

:fish:

ps how do you flush yours then?

no worries - all useful to read about.

My feed pipe is above the unit. The waste is also above and the supply line feeds below but i could always put this up. I thought this way the unit would stay wet until next use?

Mine is similar to this http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.ph...49337a2c190bff4

although a little different on the layout you can see the flush bit in the middle.

I think rabbut and ski are correct as my tds to start with is 300ish and still 25 after runnign it through the RO :(

But before I shell out £35 (they're expensive aren't they!!!) for a new one i want to make sure i do everything right so i don't just waste the new one!

If its any help, When I flush mine (Flush fitted to unit) I only get water coming out of the waste pipe, so I'm assuming it just pushes all the water through the membranes at high pressure and chucks it out the waste to remove any nasties. I also disconnect the DI unit before flushing.
I have only been flushing for 5 minutes though before using it, would you recommend 30 minutes?

You could add Ball valves seffie, to the RO water outlet pipe and waste pipe then you would always have water in the unit rather than turning it off via tap on pipe :good:

Sorry again for thread hi jack :blush:

Get some ball valves on those lines Seffie, and all will be good with a new membrane :good:

The short answer to how to I flush the unit I use is..... I just replace membranes very regularly....

All the best
Rabbut

Oh thank you one and all --------- I can stop screaming now phew, RO man also have an inline flush kit for approx £8, what do you think?

http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/307

And Trod, how the heck did you know about ball valves - I can believe Rabbut knowing about boy's stuff but you...................?

Seffie x

Rabbut, am thinking you should write this up and ask for it to be pinned - there must be loads of people either just starting out with RO units who would find this useful - although RO man might take a dent in takings :lol:

Seffie x

lol, ugh, that means effort :p

Maybe after my exams, I've a potential pin on how to QT to do also maybe, again, if I can be bothered, if there isn't one already and if pigs fly :lol:

All the best
Rabbut

Ah, ha............. :blink: so you had insider information :rolleyes:

Trod and I went to buy a new membrane for this p**y RO unit today - £45 :crazy: i'm not paying that :hyper:

Seffie x

They rarely come up cheaper on ebay mind, for good quality ones... Membranes do cost a fair but, £70 each to trade on the unit I use, and it swallows two...

How is the RO water going Jim, thought i would update how I am doing

moto_0244.jpg

Trod came round and sorted mine out - she put the DI unit on for me and the ball valves, luckily she said let's test the water before we change the membrane :D the result is above - I'm well pleased, took her about fifteen minutes, would have taken me, much, much longer :eek: and I now have a spare membrane as well :kana:

Mind you, the one bit which I did do, didn't really go so well :blush: Trod said, fill the DI with the resin, which I dutyfully did - she then attached etc. turned the water on and it poured out the top of the DI unit, eeekkkk, then she says, you did put the seal on didn't you? :blush: says I, seal, what seal!!!!!!!!! Few swear words later and I have lovely clean water :kana:

Seffie x

Took me a while Colin, but I got that all important photo in the end :lol:

That's a bit odd - I put the above post on today, but look at the date :blink: it says May 30th, strange............

Seffie x

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back