RO unit set up pics??

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

If you have a 5-1 rejection rate you will only have the TDS of the one gallon of good water mixed in with the 5 gallons of "waste" water. so I still don't see how that will "kill of the tank"

Well, I posted because I'm interested in this too. Using your 5 to 1 rate, you have 20% higher concentration of pollutants in your water, which isn't a small amount. I doubt it would kill off the tank, but if you've got high pollutant levels to start with...

Oh, let me clear this up I get a 2 to 1 ratio with my booster and permeate pump. The waiste smells like rotten eggs, and I am pretty sure nothing could survive in it for any amount of time.
You dont need to have a presure tank, but its nice in that you dont have to worry about leaving it running and forgetting to check on in for 3 days. Mine came with a 3 gallon tank, I am going to put a 50 gallon tank on it when I get the chance. It fills the tank then shuts off on its own. My parents do not have a pressure tank, they use an old 55 gallon 35% H2O2 drum. It takes a day to fill it and they have to stay home and remember to turn it off.

In the summer waste water won't be a problem as my mum will easily beable to use it around the garden, but in the winter where won't bw much use.

I'm not too bothered about not having a pressue tank and having to watch it over, I'm sure I can rig up a automatic switch somehow....i think the last pumped i linked to comes with a float switch.

Got my e-mail off to RO man last night so will hopefully get a reply soon.

got a reply from RO-Man and they just asked me to call them :grr: i hate it when companies do that, i always end up speaking rubbish when i'm on the phone.

RO-Man is great to tak with, very informative and helpful. Im sure you will come away from the conversation with a feeling that it wasnt that bad after all. ;)

I guess I'll have to find time to give him a bell.

In the mean time I'ved realised my tape water is only 7.3 straight out the tape and goes down to 7.2 after settling for 5 minutes.

So how comes my PH is going up a whole point between water changes.

I did a 40% one last night and the PH ended up at 7.9

Could it be the aeration from the dropping into the weir then into the sump? and the extra O2 is pushing all the CO2 out of the water causing a PH increase?

is the PH 7.9 once the salt is added?

if you use Ro water then the PH will drop to 7.0 before salt is added. RO has a neutral PH

:whistle:

I knew that... :shifty:

Its possible for the interaction with air and water for the PH to change. Temperature and even light will alter PH.

:lol:

maybe a should try injecting CO2 into the sump then the lost co2 should be added back into the water.

I decided to reply to RO man via e-mail again and try to get a reply out of them that way :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back