The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

T1KARMANN

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
i know some people add tap water to RO to add minerals what the correct mix

ie how many gal of tap water do you add to pure RO tds 0ppm

Depends entirely on what your tap water is like and what effect you're trying to achieve.

What fish are you wanting to keep? Also what are your water stats straight from your tap?

right

i was running a drip system which pushed 200 gal per day into the main tank with a over flow on my sump this was run throw a HMA filter first which is bassically a ro unit without the membrain so no waste water

the problem with this is my ph from the tap is high 8 so the tank would sit on 8 and i would like it at 7

i think i have solved the issue

what i have done

is water into the hma filter then out of the hma to a T then run one drip pipe right back to the main tank as before with a flow tap

the other pipe from the T   goes to a DI resin chamber then back to the main tank with a flow tap

this now gives me 2 drip pipes in  the  main tank blue to di resin white just from the hma

i can now adjust each  flow with the water coming from the di resin which has 0ppm tds and hma water which has tds 50ppm this will add minerals back

i think it should work just fine

the tank should do a self water change of about 150 gal per day less than before but better grade water

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back