Ro Membranes.....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigIan

Big and BAD!
Reaction score
well i`ve just pulled the RO unit apart and also managed to flush it.....

but looking at the membrane inside i think its a little old so were probably going to have to replace it. been looking around to see what specs we need to know to replace it and i can`t find out they all seem to be one size fits all, just diffrent flow rates.....

so what do i need to know when looking for a new membrane

If you were in this country I could tell you, but over in the UK, ask Chac, he seems pretty RO-knowledgeable

Try going into the osmotics sponsor part of the site, he'll be able to help you out hopefully :good:

I'm pretty sure they all are a standard size for the lower rated ones. Even the 300GPD use the same as a 50GPD just using more membranes.

The filter sets will probably need replacing if they are older than 6months, they come in 10" and 12" i think :S

hmm will have to pull them apart and have a loot and see what size they are...

bloody marine tank is doing my head in now!!!!!!! :crazy: :eek:sama: :ninja: :devil: :X :< :saddam:

sorry smiley overload

There is a standard sizing for RO membranes, but then there are those few companies that just have to design their own so that you have to replace it with their filters. What brand did you buy? Also if you want to change flow rates you have to buy a new restrictor that is matched to the flow rating of the membrane. Basically if you don't know what everything is and where it is located it is a huge PITA. But if you want to swap it out we can help get you through it. Worst case you can buy a new membrane housing as well to use the standard size/ style membranes if your's happens to be a different one.

If you need assistance just email us :good:

well i`ve just pulled the RO unit apart and also managed to flush it.....

but looking at the membrane inside i think its a little old so were probably going to have to replace it. been looking around to see what specs we need to know to replace it and i can`t find out they all seem to be one size fits all, just diffrent flow rates.....

so what do i need to know when looking for a new membrane

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back