Ripping Marimo moss

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have a fair bit of Marimo moss in my tank and had an idea of ripping them all up into tiny bits so it makes a green carpet ... will they die or will it be ok ?

It will be fine, that stuff is hard to kill...believe me, I've tried

0B88E5FD-3A5F-49FB-8141-56A57C8D5175.jpeg
Ripped up some I think it looks ok just didn’t cover as much as I thought it would

I have had a couple of my moss balls come apart so I just add them to the landscape and they seem alright.
Main reason I wanted to rip a few was because I had a couple that was huge but all tatty and I thought il just rip em up lol

I know what you mean,some of mine have grown to the size of a baseball.
Yeah mine were a good 4inch across ... after I ripped them to bits I saw a thing online and apt they reproduce ?? Is that true the video I saw was two moss balls , what looked like in Japan ... Far East to avoid any profiling and the one looked like it had another ball growing off the side of it . Is that fake or can my a long shot that happen

Happy day...another fun thing you can do is to stick them together using toothpicks. You can have Marimo Men, Marimo Pyramids or Marimo Sacrificial Alters, although the latter might be frowned upon by certain species as being far too suggestive.

Yeah mine were a good 4inch across ... after I ripped them to bits I saw a thing online and apt they reproduce ?? Is that true the video I saw was two moss balls , what looked like in Japan ... Far East to avoid any profiling and the one looked like it had another ball growing off the side of it . Is that fake or can my a long shot that happen
Not sure on that, I do believe that they are from the far east but have not seen any off shoot growth on any of mine. I have 14 of them but a couple are starting to break down.

Most reactions

trending

Back