Rip Inferno

degsod

Fish Addict
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
723
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Merseyside, UK
Woke up this morning to find Inferno (My golden discus) dead, he had not been showing any signs of stress or illness. He was eating normally last night.

He will be sadly missed.
 
How old was he?
Bless him.
R.I.P.
 
it wasn't old age then.

If you could give more info on tank size.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats.
Any symtoms or behavour to go on. Might be able to help.
 
it wasn't old age then.

If you could give more info on tank size.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats.
Any symtoms or behavour to go on. Might be able to help.


1 x Trigon 190, 1 x 7" silver shark (Silver surfer), 1 x 2.5" silver shark (minime), 1 x Golden Discus (3" diameter - Inferno), 1 x 5" Angel (Angle), 1 x 3" Plec (mini tiddles), 1 x Plec 6.5" (tiddles), 3 x 4.5" clown loach (CoCo, Crusty and Bimbo), 1 x 1" lemon tetra 1, 1 x 3" Pearl Gourami (silk),

I tested the water on Sunday about an hour after I did a 20% water change and was as follows:-

NH3 0
NO2 0
NO3 10

Prior to the water change the readings where:-

NH3 0
NO2 0
NO3 20 (approx)

That is with the API test kit.

There was no sign of infection on him nor lessions. All the other fish seem fine. I will test the water again when I get back in but it was crystal clear this morning when I left.
 
Silver sharks and clown loaches need 100 gallons as they grow bigger.

Not much to go on to really say what he died of.
 
Silver sharks and clown loaches need 100 gallons as they grow bigger.

Not much to go on to really say what he died of.


Yep am getting a 6x2x2 soon for them. I testedthe water and was the same as Sunday

NH3 0
NO2 0
NO3 10.

all the other fish seem ok.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top