Rimless Braceless Optiwhite™ 24X18X18 Build

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

mate its not the scaping i hate, its catching the #41#### fish so you dont crush em. my false gramma is officialy smarter than 3 people.

Oh mate, tell me about it. I have given up on catching fish in the future. No matter what, they can stay in there :shout: The chalk bass are the biggest pain in the bum imaginable! :grr:

I think Ill leave it for the time being and see how I feel about how it is going. I have got some epo putty so I should be able to glue some corals in some unusual (normally hard) places.

Cheers

thats a plan, also you could add things that grow tall (i am not going to mention gorgonians) at the back of the tank to add height and to fill in the underused areas.

That must of been painfully hard for you not to then. I wouldnt worry, I have been looking into them lately anyway. I think this is down to you but hey, why not! I would like a photosynthetic one first though, problem being I have not been able to source any. The only place is Reefworks so maybe Ill crab one.

SPS is also another thing I could use to fill the gaps in the future. My Montipora Digita seems to be doing well but all my plating digi's have taken a turn for the worse now. Green has lost most of its colour and turning a brown while the red seems to be going pale (even more at the edges). I wonder if this is a lighting issue.

Tbh I know very little about sps but I would highly reccomend not to get azoox corals in this tank, by all means get photosynthetic gorgs but Sps and nps do not coexist well.
I believe fishmanfrags had some recently.

Oh yeah no worries, I know they have totally different care needs. I think Ill be on the hunt for a photosynthetic one again then, hopefully this search doesnt turn up dry again. I may look at a azoox tank in the future.

Ill have a look at fishmans,

Cheers

Only one is this:

http://fishmansfrags.co.uk/shop/49-frags-seafans-and-whips/267-red-yellow-polyp-whip.html

I dont know what species it is though? :blink:

That's a menella of some kind azoox I'm afraid.

I thought as much, I guess it will be Reefworks then. That just gives me another excuse to buy even more corals. Cheers for the help. Ill update soon of how things are going with the possibility of new additions.

Cheers

That cream gorg looks really nice actually! If you get it I may be after frags!

Yeah not bad and Reefworks is not too far so will be about to pick up too! Will only be a small frag so you may have to wait but if/when I get it and it grows then no problem.

Where abouts are you bud? Zoas are dead easy, light and flow and they do the rest. Obviously still need the basic needs of all of corals as low No3, low Po4 and good levles of Kh, Cal and Mag.

I'm up north in Bolton mate so would be to far to collect unfortunately :sad:

Okay mate, well when I have some I may be willing to post. Unfortunately the last lot seems to have perished. I didnt putty them ontot he rock and my hermits seem to have played football with them. They either landed face down and look unrecoverable or falling into small gaps. I will do some more fragging soon! :good:

Okay mate, well when I have some I may be willing to post. Unfortunately the last lot seems to have perished. I didnt putty them ontot he rock and my hermits seem to have played football with them. They either landed face down and look unrecoverable or falling into small gaps. I will do some more fragging soon! :good:

Ok mate :D thanks :good:

Right well I have had a few shops trying to source a certain fish for me. It was Valenciennea puellaris, pic from google:

Valenciennea_puellaris.jpg

.....unfortunately no-one has been able to get one for me :sad: . World of Fishes was one of the places trying to get me one and instead told me they had a shrimp/goby pair in!! :hyper: We always wanted one but I had never seen a nice pair in Kent so I jumped at the chance.

Now for the story....... yesterday we made the 1hr 10min trip to East Grinstead to get this pair. We were greeted by Daryl and he proceeded to bag them up for us. In goes the goby, hmmmmm now where is the shrimp. He was nowhere to be seen, the only place in the tank must have been in the shell they had made a home with. We wasnt sure, Daryl wasnt sure but where else could it have been. We decided to take a gamble and take the goby and the shell home. As Darly wasnt 100% sure he didnt charge us for the pair and suggested to wait until we had seen the shrimp, then we could ring and make payment. Very nice of him! :good:

So the goby and the shell went into our tank after being acclimatised, goby went straight under some rock to hide and so far there has been no sight of him (which I was expecting). There was no movement from the shell but we would wait. I Checked my e-mails this morning and Daryl has said the shrimp was sat in the shop tank staring at him in triumph this morning, little sod!

We then made the trip back today, we wanted the other half of this amazing symbolic relationship. Daryl greeted us again and packed up the shrimp, bloody beauty too! Daryl was such a nice guy about the whole thing and very apologetic over the situation, even though really it couldnt be helped. The shrimp really was nowhere in sight at the time, he even took £20 off the price for the trouble.

What a fiasco aye, Goby is Stonogobiops nematodes, pic:

blackraygoby.jpg

Shrimp is Alpheus randalli, pic:

randalli_krebs1_k.jpg

Pics are from google.

While I was there I picked up some corals too, why not aye? I am slowly running out of room now though. I got a red acan frag and a small multicoloured cynarina. Ill throw pics up in a min,

Thats all.

So how much was the goby shrimp pair in the end if you don't mind telling.

They look like nice ones if they are similar.

Most reactions

Back